Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs nearly 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Principal I to join our Advisory Services Department.
This role reports to the Managing Principal.
The Principal I plans, coordinates (and directs for smaller engagements) activities of designated IT infrastructure (i.e., server, storage, network, security) or IT advisory services (i.e., IT strategy, IT service management, business continuity/disaster recovery, data center strategy & engineering, and data center relocation) projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that goals and/or objectives of project(s) are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters with a high degree of customer satisfaction by performing the following duties. Through sound management techniques, strong technical skills and exceptional client relationship management the Principal I establishes a strong value add relationship with the client and the LOBs/practices. The project management scope is typically two to three small to medium sized projects (up to and often times greater than $50K revenue) concurrently. This position also complies with established project management processes, procedures, and methodologies defined by Forsythe's PMO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in development of project proposal to determine scope, project schedule time frame, defines work & resource estimates, defines approach for accomplishing project objectives & deliverables, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of ongoing projects.
· Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and coordinates with LOBs/Practices the assignment of project personnel. Insures that the project plan is updated on a timely basis.
· Accountable for facilitating project kick-off meetings (internally & with client).
· Coordinates, plans and directs as appropriate, activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Proactively assesses progress against milestones, and takes immediate corrective actions to keep projects on track. Prepares project reports (e.g., status, action items, issues log, communication plan, change request, quality assessment form) for management, client or others, and conducts status meetings.
· Assumes financial accountability for the project to achieve its objectives & deliverables within budget, and ensures that all back office tasks (e.g., time entry & approval, expense entry & approval, subcontractor invoice approval, client invoice notification & release, project close) are completed accurately & timely by all team members. This includes recognition of revenue/margin in the P&L and timely payment of invoices.
· Works with project personnel to provide advice and to assist in resolving problems associated with the project. Proactively manages identified risks to resolution, and addresses risks with identified mitigation plans.
· Builds superior client relationships and proactively manages client expectations, and ensures that change control is used when scope boundaries are exceeded.
· Reviews and provides value added input based upon clear understanding of the client and project objects, value added input into the completion of deliverables. Obtains client signoff on completed project deliverables, and follows up on any defects. Facilitates a lessons learned session during project close, and ensures project deliverables are archived to a knowledge repository.
Minimum and/or Preferred Qualifications:
· High school Diploma or GED required
· Bachelors Degree preferred
· Masters Degree a plus
· 10 or more years of overall industry experience in IT project management and IT infrastructure projects.
· Consulting background is desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· PMP certification is desired.
· Ability to respond to understand client’s needs, and explain and apply cost-effective technology alternatives to meet them.
· Ability to effectively present information, to top management, in verbal or written form.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and create solutions to complex Information Technology related problems.
· Proven leadership skills (results orientation, client focus & expectation management, negotiation skills, command skills, and motivating & inspiring others).
· Proven facilitation & teamwork skills.
· Expert knowledge of MS Project & MS Office.
· CAD skills desired.
· General Office Activities
· Must be willing to travel 40 - 50% and be onsite with customers
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
Area/Specialty: Technical Consulting/IT Strategy